This library emulates
library(sockets) from CIAO Prolog. One of the
problems we are faced with here is that CIAO streams appear to be
read/write, while SWI-Prolog streams are either input or output. For
this reason, SWI-Prolog introduced stream_pair/3.
- hostname_address(+HostName, -Address) is det
- Translate between HostName and Address. Address is an atom
of the form XX.XX.XX.XX.
- socket_shutdown(+Stream, +How)
- Shut down a duplex communication socket with which Stream is
associated. All or part of the communication can be shutdown,
depending on the value of How. The atoms read, write, or
read_write should be used to denote the type of closing
- socket_recv_code(+Stream, ?String, ?Length)
- Receives a String from the socket associated to Stream, and
returns its Length. If Length is -1, no more data is available.
- socket_send(+Stream, +String)
- Sends String to the socket associated to Stream. The socket has
to be in connected state. String is not supposed to be NULL
terminated, since it is a Prolog string. If a NULL terminated
string is needed at the other side, it has to be explicitly
created in Prolog.
- bind_socket(?Port, +Length, -Socket) is det
- Returs an AF_INET Socket bound to Port (which may be assigned by
the OS or defined by the caller), and listens to it (hence no
listen call in this set of primitives). Length specifies the
maximum number of pending connections.
- socket_accept(+Sock, -Stream) is det
- Creates a new Stream connected to Sock.
The following predicates are exported, but not or incorrectly documented.
- connect_to_socket(Arg1, Arg2, Arg3)
- socket_recv(Arg1, Arg2)