Unit testing environment for SWI-Prolog and SICStus Prolog. For usage,
please visit https://www.swi-prolog.org/pldoc/package/plunit.
- Specifies how to deal with test suites. Defined options are:
- Whether or not the tests must be loaded. Values are
normal (only if not optimised)
- When the tests are run. Values are
- Currently one of
tty uses terminal
control to overwrite successful tests, allowing the
user to see the currently running tests and output
from failed tests. This is the default of the output
is a tty.
log prints a full log of the executed
tests and their result and is intended for non-interactive
always, emit all output as it is produced, if
suppress all output and if
on_failure, emit the output
if the test fails.
- Defines the default for the
occurs_check flag during
true (default =false), cleanup report at the end
of run_tests/1. Used to improve cooperation with
memory debuggers such as dmalloc.
false), run all tests in a unit
- Number of jobs to use for concurrent testing. Defaults
to the number of cores.
- Set timeout for each individual test. This acts as a
default that may be overuled at the level of units or
- begin_tests(+UnitName:atom) is det
- begin_tests(+UnitName:atom, Options) is det
- Start a test-unit. UnitName is the name of the test set. the
unit is ended by :-
- end_tests(+Name) is det
- Close a unit-test module.
- To be done
- - Run tests/clean module?
- - End of file?
- run_tests is semidet
- run_tests(+TestSet) is semidet
- run_tests(+TestSet, +Options) is semidet
- Run tests and report about the results. The predicate run_tests/0
runs all known tests that are not blocked. The predicate run_tests/1
takes a specification of tests to run.
The predicate run_tests/2 is synchronized. Concurrent testing may
be achieved using the relevant options. See
set_test_options/1. Options are passed to set_test_options/1. In
addition the following options are processed:
- Unify Summary do a dict holding the keys below. The value of
these keys is an integer describing the number of tests. If
this option is given, run_tests/2 does not fail if some tests
|TestSet||- is either a single specification or a list of
specifications. Each single specification is either the name of a
test-unit or a term <test-unit>:<test>, denoting a single test
within a unit. If TestSet is |
all, all known tests are executed.
- running_tests is det
- Print the currently running test.
- current_test(?Unit, ?Test, ?Line, ?Body, ?Options) is nondet
- True when a test with the specified properties is loaded.
- current_test_unit(?Unit, ?Options) is nondet
- True when a Unit is a current unit test declared with Options.
- test_report(+What) is det
- Produce reports on test results after the run. Currently only
fixme for What.
- load_test_files(+Options) is det
- Load .plt test-files related to loaded source-files.
- user:message_hook(+Severity, +Message, +Lines) is semidet[multifile]
- Redefine printing some messages. It appears SICStus has no way
to get multiple messages at the same line, so we roll our own.
As there is a lot pre-wired and checked in the SICStus message
handling we cannot reuse the lines. Unless I miss something ...
The following predicates are exported, but not or incorrectly documented.
- run_tests(Arg1, Arg2)
- begin_tests(Arg1, Arg2)