Starting at Nov 16, 2012, the GIT version of pl-devel.git is updated to
version 3 of the RDF package. Highlights:
- Clean transaction semantics
- Concurrent update and querying using the familiar Prolog
logical update semantics
- Concurrent modifications, including loading of RDF from
multiple sources and restoring multiple named graphs from
the persistent database.
- Restoring and loading of RDF can be several times faster
(depending on hardware, OS and data).
- Memory consumption is approximately 30% higher. Can be
tweaked down a little more at the cost of some performance
reduction. See 3.12 Memory management considerations
Installation and basic functionality has been tested on Linux (Ubuntu
12.04 and 12.10), Windows and MacOS 10.7 (Lion).
This version works with the current
ClioPatria. ClioPatria still
works with the old version as well.
Documentation is uploaded to http://www.swi-prolog.org/download/doc/
(both PDF and HTML).
documents the (few and minor) implications for upgrading applications.
Version 2 has been given the GIT branch